This year, will you join Imagine Grinnell in making our community a better place for everyone, regardless of sex, age, race, ethnicity, and national origin, range of abilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, financial means, education, political perspective or religious belief?
In 2017 Imagine Grinnell:
- Founded Marvin Gardens, a private park on Marvin Ave. near Arbor Lake where anyone can come and pick their own fresh, organic food. Marvin Garden includes an apple orchard, nut trees and a vegetable garden.
- Raised over $97,000 for the new Grinnell skatepark.
- Helped coordinate a spring “Green Living” Event at Summer Street Park with environmental demonstrations and a clean-up of Little Bear Creek. Other free educational events throughout the year included gardening and fruit tree pruning.
- Helped manage and maintain the Grinnell “Giving Gardens.” These volunteer-run gardens donated hundreds of pounds of fresh healthy vegetables to the MICA food pantry in order to help those in need get access to nutritious local produce.
In 2018 Imagine Grinnell will:
- Complete fundraising for the skatepark. We looking forward to breaking ground this summer!
- Continue our Marvin Garden programming and events, including gardening workshops, garden walks and bike rides, growing food for those in need and an expanded fall cider-pressing party.
- Work with the City of Grinnell to educate residents on how to reduce solid waste and improve recycling practices to save money and the environment.
- Explore projects that will make Grinnell a more walkable/bikeable community.
- Expand our partnership with the Ahrens Foundation and bring edible landscaping, Giving Gardens and native prairie features to Ahrens Park.
- Work with local farmers and chefs to bring healthy, local-sourced options to the community meals at Davis School.
Contact us at email@example.com to learn more about participating in Imagine Grinnell activities!