|Last Name||First Name||Race Type||Time||Placement|
The 2015 Throwback Run is this Saturday, September 26th. 5k, 10k, and 15k all start at 8am. Register on line at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12WmW-erjG01d_NhcCt5INBswWoAHWXg_i7_83w3msq0/viewform.
Check-in & Packet Pick Up: Check-in and day of registration will take place from 7-7:45am at the Imagine Grinnell tent near the foundation offices at Ahrens Park. Advance packet pick up will take place on Friday, September 25th from 9am-noon at the foundation office at Ahrens Park.
The annual “Got Talent” auction will be held on Mon., Sept. 21, at Grinnell Mutual’s new Bartelt Conference and Education Center.
Smith said that Grinnell Mutual donated use of its new space and encourages members of the public who might want to see the facility to purchase an auction ticket.
“The ‘Got Talent’ auction is Imagine Grinnell’s only fundraiser each year so it’s very important to the viability of our many community projects,” Smith said. “We are very grateful to Grinnell Mutual for offering this new venue.”
Last year’s auction raised nearly $10,000 to support the organization’s projects, including Summer Street Park and the Hwy. 6 underpass, which are both are nearing completion.
The auction evening at the GMRC conference center begins at 5:30 with Happy Hour and heavy hors d’oeuvres. From 6-7 p.m., there will be a “Buy It Now” or pre-sale opportunity of the live auction items for those who may want to pre-empt the bidding and secure one of the donations. The live auction begins at 7 p.m. This year’s auction items include:
• Authentic Chinese Dinner for 10
• Yoga Session with friends, tea to follow the yoga session
• Framed Word Art
• Striped baseball field lawn
• Anna Kayte Night
• 2 hours of Interior Design
• Civic Center Tickets, Splash Gift Certificate, and babysitter
• Photography session for kids
• Will Preparation with a lawyer
• Gamers/Prairie Canary kids b-day party
• Sail Boat Ride Lessons
• Make Cupcakes with Hy-Vee Bakers
• Brownies for a year
• Holiday Piano Entertainment
• 3 private Ukulele lessons
• Lottery Tickets
• Homemade Raspberry Pie for Thanksgiving
• BBQ Smoke Fest Dinner for 6
• T-shirt Quilt
• Local Compost
• Bacon wrapped ribs
• Austrian Dinner for 8
• Smoked Turkey
• Wine Basket
• Craft Beer Basket
• Homemade quilted stuffed animal
• Blue Jean Ball table and tickets
• TCS Christmas Card Package
• Throwback Run Basket (including passes to the Throwback Run, Running Shoes, Running Sock, Custom Running Plan, and a Fitbit)
• Portable Solar Panel
• Monarch Waystations
• Rain Barrels
• Living Will Preparation
• Alphabet Art
• Framed Photography
• Personal Training Session and Month Gym Membership
• Homemade Bread
“This is a great way to support Imagine Grinnell projects. We encourage people to purchase tickets in groups of four and enjoy time together. Also, if individuals cannot attend but want to lend support, they can request a proxy number by calling the Imagine Grinnell office,” Smith said.
Tickets are required and may be purchased ahead of time or at the door for $25 each or four tickets for $90. Tickets are available from the Imagine Grinnell office on Penrose, by calling 641-236-5518, or email to email@example.com.
IG board members are also selling tickets: Lauren Augustin, Chris Bair, Barb Baker, Doug Caulkins, Sam Charnetski, Emily Counts, Bill Ford, Elizabeth Hill, Heidi Knobloch, Mark Kolpin, Jennifer Latham, Amy Miller, Chad Nath, Liz Queathem, Dodi Reilly, and Smith.
An updated list of auction items is available from the IG website at imaginegrinnell.org.