Imagine Grinnell coordinates many community activities to keep Grinnell green, growing and playing. Our programs include:
- Community Garden: Located in James Miller Park, the Community Garden provides a place for Grinnellians of all ages to get outside and dig in the dirt. Click here to learn more.
- Tree Inventory Services: Every summer Imagine Grinnell offers inventory services for area managers, including mapping, cataloging, and planning. Click here for the TIS page.
- Energy audit and programs: Imagine Grinnell has sponsored numerous programs designed to save Grinnellians energy. Click here to find out how you can benefit.
- Energy Corps: Grinnell was chosen as a host site for a nation-wide Americorps program called Energy Corps, administered by the National Center for Appropriate Technology. Click here to find out how it can help you.
- Energy Guide: Imagine Grinnell staff have created a handy guide to saving energy in your home or business. Click here for more.
- Second Saturdays: is a monthly series of events on the Grinnell Area Recreation Trail (GART) that runs every May through September. Each event includes a 5K run/walk and a 5K, 10K or 20K bike ride. Click here for more info.
- Arbor Lake: Arbor Lake Park is a recreational area on the southwest side of Grinnell. Imagine Grinnell is working with the City to further develop Arbor Lake trails for cross country running and mountain biking. Click here for more info.
- Grinnell Area Recreation Trail: The first section of the Grinnell Area Recreation Trail (GART) was completed in 2004 after many years of planning, fundraising, and collaboration with the officials of the City of Grinnell, Poweshiek and Jasper County. At the end of 2012, the trail had grown to connects approximately 10 miles of Grinnell. Click here for more info.
- Biking & Walking Programs: Related to Imagine Grinnell’s work on trails and recreation are its ongoing support of biking and walking in the community. Click here for more info.